Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

set fire to the rain - adele

I let it fall, my heartAnd as it fell, you rose to claim itIt was dark and I was overUntil you kissed my lips and you saved me

My hands, they're strongBut my knees were far too weakTo stand in your armsWithout falling to your feet

But there's a side to you that I never knew, never knewAll the things you'd say, they were never true, never trueAnd the games you play, you would always win, always win

But I set fire to the rainWatched it pour as I touched your faceLet it burn while I cry'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name

When laying with youI could stay there, close my eyesFeel you here, foreverYou and me together, nothing is better

'Cause there's a side to you that I never knew, never knewAll the things you'd say, they were never true, never trueAnd the games you'd play, you would always win, always win

But I set fire to the rainWatched it pour as I touched your faceLet it burn while I cried'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name

I set fire to the rainAnd I threw us into the flamesWhere I felt somethin' die, 'cause I knew thatThat was the last time, the last time

Sometimes I wake up by the doorNow that you've gone, must be waiting for youEven now when it's already overI can't help myself from looking for you

I set fire to the rainWatched it pour as I touched your faceLet it burn while I cried'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name

I set fire to the rainAnd I threw us into the flamesWhere I felt somethin' die'Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time, oh

Oh, noLet it burn, ohLet it burnLet it burn




No comments:

My Blog List

Search This Blog